Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
On Friday 26 May the principals of OYIS and KIS met to renew the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two schools. Here are the key elements that support a KIS students education through to Grade 12:
- KIS students, upon leaving KIS at the end of its middle school (currently grade 9) will have priority placement in OYIS
- Should KIS begin to offer further grades above grade 10, the agreement will change to reflect the last year of possible enrolment
OYIS will help facilitate the application process in the following ways:
- The entrance fee will be waived from OYIS currently ¥250,000
- Facilitation of the application process
- Parts of diagnostic testing will be waived
- Document exchange will be facilitated between the two schools administration teams
- Admission will be processed early in the academic year to ensure KIS students have a place
- OYIS will come to the KIS campus two times yearly to support the application process
- Acceptance to OYIS is dependent on whether or not the needs of the student can be met and is at the discretion of OYIS. OYIS will also seek to find students / families that are knowledgeable and supportive of their school mission.
- The two schools will provide a range of experiences and events to help with the transition and build connections between two schools.
- Dedicated time and resources will be deployed to ensure that our curriculum has some continuity and that each institute has an understanding of student levels and past knowledge.
- Regular meetings and coordination will be required to ensure that students have a smooth transition between campuses.
It is with very humble gratitude that KIS would like to thank Muromachi Lions Club for their ongoing support of the school.
Over many years the Muromachi Lions Club has been supporting the school with various activities and always had a presence at the KIS Festival. As recently as this May the Muromachi Lions Club invited KIS to the annual dinner, to be part of the celebrations of all the work the club has undertaken. Two board members attended and reported back on a what a lovely evening was had by all.
In spite of the challenges that the global pandemic has presented, in 2022 the Muromachi Lions Club is donating ¥100,000 to the school. For this magnanimous gesture the entire KIS community thanks the club for their generosity.
The school hopes the next year will again be a time of fruitful cooperation between Muromachi Lions and Kyoto International School.
On Thursday 9 June the KIS Executive Board will review the school year at the Annual General Meeting.
The main source of this meeting will be the KIS Annual Report 2021-22.
This will be published on Tuesday 7 June via the school website and ManageBac.
The community is invited to join the board on this day at KIS from 14:30. Room 12 will be the venue.
Please indicate your intention to join the join via the form – https://docs.google.com/forms/…
The school will record the meeting and post later.
Looking forward to seeing you at the AGM.
The following poem was presented to students by Food Bank Kyoto on March 11th, 2022.
As explained on their website, JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) is a government-related organization that works to promote mutual trade and investment between Japan and the world. The organization was established in 1958 to promote Japanese exports abroad. Their focus has shifted toward promoting foreign direct investment into Japan and Japanese firms maximize their global export potential.
Global Site: https://www.jetro.go.jp/en/ (English)
Kyoto Overseas Business Center
An affiliate of JETRO is Kyoto Overseas Business Center, which is an all-Kyoto support center located downtown in KYOTO KEIZAI CENTER building. Their focus is for small and medium-sized businesses that are considering overseas business.
Kyoto Overseas Business Center posted their interview with KIS on December 13th, 2021.
Kyoto International School is a candidate school* for the MYP. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
We have published a new Shimbun Post for Week 37 (June 11th, 2021) on our portal!
In this edition:
- Message from the Principal
- Spotlight on Learning
- Message from the PTA
- PYPx – Ai&Lisa Story (Chapter 3)
- Message from the Office
- EdTech Message
Key Info & Dates:
- June 14th to 18th – Spirit Week
- Mon: pyjama day
- Wed: traditional clothing or flag colors
- Fri: house t-shirts
- June 16th @ 4:30PM – Annual Report (Zoom)
- June 16th @ 8:00 PM – Beach Read by Emily Henry (Zoom)
- June 18th @ 12:30PM – End of Semester 2
- June 21st to July 16th – Summer Camp
- August 19th – Start of Semester 1
The school calendar overview can be viewed here.
Read this and other posts at https://portal.kis.ac.jp/. Please note you will need to log in. If you need an account or have issues with logging in, please complete this contact form for assistance.