Kyoto International School (KIS) offers the IB curriculum framework and programme for Pre-Kindergarten (4~ year olds) up to Grade 10 (~15 year olds). Be sure to review our Grade Placement Chart for a deeper understanding of grades, age, and where that fits compared to other school systems.
What about the final years? The IB Diploma Programme (DP) or Career-related Programme (CP) for Grade 11 & 12 students.
KIS & Osaka YMCA International School (OYIS) have a current Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two schools. Here are the key elements that support a KIS students education through to Grade 12:
- KIS students, upon completing the middle school programme at KIS have priority placement in OYIS.
OYIS will help facilitate the application process in the following ways:
- The entrance fee will be waived from OYIS currently ¥250,000
- Facilitation of the application process
- Parts of diagnostic testing will be waived
- Document exchange will be facilitated between the two schools administration teams
- Admission will be processed early in the academic year to ensure KIS students have a place
- OYIS will come to the KIS campus two times yearly to support the application process
- Acceptance to OYIS is dependent on whether or not the needs of the student can be met and is at the discretion of OYIS. OYIS will also seek to find students / families that are knowledgeable and supportive of their school mission.
- The two schools will provide a range of experiences and events to help with the transition and build connections between two schools.
- Dedicated time and resources will be deployed to ensure that our curriculum has some continuity and that each institute has an understanding of student levels and past knowledge.
- Regular meetings and coordination will be required to ensure that students have a smooth transition between campuses.