Regulations on the protection of personal information
Kyoto International School (“the school”) hereinafter defines the fundamental terms regarding the personal information it collects, and specifies the responsibilities of school staff and employees, et al., regarding the administration of the information.
Based on the idea of personal respect, the school respects the privacy of every individual. It will follow the related laws and manage personal information as follows.
1. Definition of personal information
Personal information as expressed in these regulations is defined as information which could identify a certain individual, or could be used in conjunction with other information to identify a certain individual. Such information may be collected from individuals as below.
- Students currently enrolled at the school or those enrolled previously.
- Staff and other associated workers currently employed at the school or those previously employed.
- Students applying for admission to the school or those who have applied previously.
- People who have made general inquiries to the school or requested information about the school.
- Contributors or donors to the school.
- Parents, guardians, family members, relatives, guarantors and others associated with those listed in (1) through (5) above.
2. Collection and usage of personal information
Personal information will only be acquired for appropriate educational and research purposes or as required for the operation of the school. Personal information will be acquired on a voluntary basis; however, services provided by the school may be restricted if the acquired information does not comply with or meet the school’s needs (if not enough information is provided).
Personal information will only be used for the following purposes.
- To provide various services relating to the education and well-being of students.
- To manage expenses regarding the school’s operation such as requesting school fees.
- To issue various certificates.
- To provide various documents and guidance.
- To carry out questionnaires, and to gather and analyze various statistical data, etc.
- To carry out any additional operation that is needed to carry out (1) to (5) above.
The school will not use personal information for any other purpose, except as listed in (1) to (6) above, without the consent from those whose information would be used. If the above items (1) to (6) are altered, the school will either notify the party whose personal information would be used under the alteration, or will release a list of revised purposes to the public.
3. Management of personal information
The school highly respects personal information and will take appropriate steps to prevent any unlawful access, loss or leakage. If any problem should occur, the school will act promptly to resolve it. Moreover, the school will educate and train school staff and other workers who may deal with personal information. This will be based on the idea of respect for personal information and the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law.
Furthermore, for the purposes listed in (1) to (6) above, the school may entrust personal information to a third party. If it does, it would only be so entrusted under a strict confidentiality agreement that would include an agreement on personal information. The party would be strictly prohibited from using personal information other than for the purposes listed in (1) to (6) above. The party will be obligated to take steps to properly manage personal information. The school will also supervise the party to confirm that personal information is properly managed.
4. Disclosure of personal information to a third party
- Under the requirements of any law.
- Due to the urgent and desperate need to protect a person’s life, body, or property.
- Due to the urgent and desperate need to improve public welfare or to protect children.
- Due to the need to cooperate with a government organization, a local government organization, or to cooperate with a party entrusted by these organizations.
- Due to the need to entrust the school’s business to a third party in order to achieve the above-listed purposes (1) to (6).
- If the person agrees to use his/her personal information for any purpose not listed in (1) to (6) above.
5. Corrections and deletions of personal information / Complaints
If a person wishes to correct. delete or view his/her personal information, that person should apply to the school’s office. To prevent personal information from leaking to a third party, when the school has confirmed that the application was in fact made by that person (or a proper representative of that person), at its discretion, it will take appropriate steps in line with the application.
Complaints regarding the management of personal information should also be made to the office at the address here on page footer. If a complaint is received, the school will respond accordingly and promptly.
6. Revisions to these regulations
Due to a revision of a related law, a change of social circumstances, etc., these regulations might be reasonably revised. If so, the revision will be listed on the school’s website.
学校法人 Kyoto International School
317 Kitatawara-cho, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 602-8247
Third Party – Privacy Policies urls added: 2022/1/27