Dear Parents: Please review the Agreement below with your child. This document guides the online media procedures for school. Once you have read and discussed, please sign at the bottom.
- The student can use their school email account for school related communication and work only.
- The student understands their teachers and parents can check their email to see if they are being a responsible user of their school email account.
- The student uses devices in school only with their teacher’s permission and only when related to schoolwork.
- Any passwords the student has are their own and they are to keep them private.
- The student is fully responsible for the care of their personal devices at all times.
- The student will use devices in school with care and will be careful to treat devices with respect.
- The student treats everyone online with respect.
- The student will keep personal information such as full name, home address, phone number or email address private.
- The student will communicate only with people whose identity they know.
- If the student sees something inappropriate or if they say something inappropriate or act inappropriately online they will inform their teachers and/or parents.
SCHOOL MEDIA GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS AT KYOTO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
KIS utilizes many different forms of media to share our learning and teaching.
The guidelines we follow are:
- Students in published media will only be identified by first names.
- Information such as full name, home address, phone number or email address will not be put on any form of media.
- Students will throughout their learning discuss and display appropriate digital citizenship, guided by their teachers, within a curriculum context.
I understand all of the above and have discussed this document with my child: